(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the tin with paper cases.
- Place the butter into a bowl and melt in the microwave or a bain marie, then allow to cool a little.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs and sugar into a bowl and with a freestanding mixer whisk until pale and creamy. The mixture should double in volume and this will take a few minutes. Once whisked, fold half the flour into the mixture.
- Mix coffee mixture into the butter and pour half into you mixture. Add the remaining flour, then the rest of the coffee and butter. Gradually fold in.
- Divide the mixture between the cups and bake for 25min until risen or when a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 min and turn out on a cooling rack.
- To make the frosting whisk the mascarpone with the golden icing sugar then add the marsala. Pipe on top of each cupcake and give a generous dusting of cocoa powder. Finish by placing a few chocolate coffee beans on top.