(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/450°F/ Gas 7
- Using large bowl mix flour, salt, sugar and stir in yeast. Rub in butter (or add Vegetable oil 15ml).
- Add water and mix to form soft dough, then knead for 10 minutes on a floured surface.
- Divide into 50-75g/2-3oz balls and shape on a baking sheet
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place until dough has doubled in size.
- Place int he centre of the pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.