(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Beat the egg yolk and sugar in a bowl until they make a smooth paste.
- Warm the milk in a pan over a low heat. Meanwhile, whisk the egg white until it’s softly whipped but not too stiff.
- Whisk the cream for 1 minute to thicken slightly. Gradually add the yolk mixture to the milk, gently whisking as you pour.
- Pour in the cream, then the egg white. Take off the heat and stir in the brandy. Pour into glasses, making sure there is some froth on top.
- Draw a star (using a cutter as a guide) on a piece of baking paper and cut it out. Rest the star cut-out on top of Egg Nog glass and carefully sprinkle some Cocoa Powder over to create an attractive design. Alternatively why not try using grated nutmeg?